Saturday 1 December 2012

Review of 'Clif Bar' Black Cherry Almond

Clif Bar -- Black Cherry Almond (vegan)
Overall Rating: 4/5
Summary: The (soy) white chocolate made took this from a 3.5 to 4/5! It was soo good! The bar isn't quite as sweet as other Clif Bars I've had, which is my only issue. For any normal person, I'm sure it'll be sweet enough, though. It's chewier than I expected, which I really liked (a soft and nicely textured chew). I found that the cherry flavour was super subtle and I had to really search for it. 'White Chocolate Almond' may have been a better name. Overall, a delicious, filling, and nutrient-packed snack bar.

Where to buy: Bulk Barn, Fortinos, Costco
Black Cherry Almond

Ingredients: Organic Brown Rice Syrup, ClifPro® (Soy Rice Crisps [Soy Protein Isolate, Rice Flour, Barley Malt Extract], Organic Roasted Soybeans, Organic Soy Flour), Organic Rolled Oats, ClifCrunch® (Apple Fiber, Organic Oat Fiber, Organic Milled Flaxseed, Inulin [Chicory Extract], Psyllium), Almonds, Dried Cherries, Organic Cane Syrup, Soy White Chocolate (Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Cocoa Butter, Soy Flour, Soy Lecithin, Vanilla Extract), Organic Fig Paste, Almond Butter, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Natural Vitamin E (Antioxidant).

Nutrition Information*
Serving size: 1 bar
Calories: 250
Fat: 5g
     Saturated fat: 1.5g
     Trans: 0g
     Polyunsaturated: 2g
     Linoleic acid: 2g
     n3 linolenic acid: .2g
     Monounsaturated: 2g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 110mg
Potassium: 440mg
Carbohydrate: 44g
     Fibre: 3g
     Sugars: 20g
Protein: 10g
Vitamin A: 10%
Vitamin C: 50%
Calcium: 25%
Iron: 25%
*Full nutritional profile available here.

Although this is a really yummy bar, my love for chocolate drives me to rate chocolatey snacks higher (generally speaking). I deducted points for the missing cherry flavour, which is kinda big. I don't often find cherry-flavoured snacks, but I was hopeful that Clif Bar would be able to deliver one of the gems...like So Delicious' Cherry Nirvana -- reviewed here (mmm!). I'm dyin' to try the White Chocolate Macadamia now that I've tasted just how good they do the 'soy white chocolate'.

Other Clif Bar flavours (all vegan, baby):
  • Apricot
  • Banana Nut Bread
  • Blueberry Crisp
  • Carrot Cake (reviewed here)
  • Chocolate Almond Fudge (reviewed here
  • Chocolate Brownie
  • Chocolate Chip (reviewed here)
  • Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch
  • Coconut Chocolate Chip
  • Cool Mint Chocolate
  • Crunchy Peanut Butter
  • Gary's Panforte
  • Iced Gingerbread
  • Maple Nut (reviewed here)
  • Oatmeal Raisin Walnut
  • Peanut Toffee Buzz
  • Peppermint Stick (reviewed here)
  • Spiced Pumpkin
  • White Chocolate Macadamia
Brand:

No comments:

Post a Comment